Friday, June 19, 2009

Browser wars....

You know, I get awfully tired of the stupid browser wars... even more stupid are applications that are built specifically around one browser or another when there's a whole fleet of standards out there.

Things for my job like this:
-IBM SAN Volume Controller Console: Works under IE, but doesn't look right and it's a pain to use. Firefox for this. Chrome doesn't work well at all.
-IBM 3494 Tape Library: Gives a nice warning when you load the page that you should be using IE to manage it. I haven't had any problems that I've noticed if I use Firefox.
-IBM/Tivoli Storage Manager Administration Center: Well, Firefox has less rendering problems than IE or Chrome, but Chrome is close - and a HECK of a lot faster.

None of these are particularly challenging or fancy interfaces by today's standards... why they have to be so specific to a particular rendering engine I'm not sure at all.

No comments: